CBCT Courses are run periodically at Bath Spa Dentistry over two days in the City of Bath.
The session fulfils the requirements of the current HPA guidelines and the BSDMFR curriculum in relation to the IR(ME)R referrer and IR(ME)R operator (reporting).
This is a hands on 12 hour verifiable CPD session.
This course addresses the theoretical elements of CBCT and includes an extensive hands on reporting aspect, covering the following topics:
- Radiation Physics in relation to CBCT Equipment
- Radiation Protection in relation to CBCT examinations
- Apparatus and equipment
- CBCT image acquisition and processing
- Principles of CBCT imaging
- Principles and practice of interpretation of dento-alveolar 3D
- CBCT images
- An update on radiological anatomy of teeth and jaws relevant to CBCT
- An update on dental and maxillofacial pathology
- Radiological interpretation of dental and maxillofacial diseases